Salary: £35,000.00 to £40,000.00 /year
Do you have a proven track record in Face to Face Fundraising as an Fundraiser, Team Leader and Field Manager? We are looking for experienced people who have worked in the charity sector that want to work for a thriving Not For Profit company.
We are quite different to your average fundraising agency as we work solely for, and are owned by, 8 Wildlife Trusts. Our ethos of employing pro-active, experienced and passionate people is reflected in our staff – we are looking for someone who can lead teams of independent fundraisers without the need to burnout from living the job 24/7.
- F/T permanent role managing 3-5 Team Leaders
- 2 days based in the head office near Bicester, Oxfordshire and 3 days in the field across our main Trust areas
- Private site fundraising, with approx. 40 – 50 staff working independently
- Working exclusively for The Wildlife Trusts to supply Face to Face Fundraising services
About Wildlife Fundraising Ltd:
Wildlife Fundraising (Central) Limited is a not for profit company, wholly owned by a partnership of 8 Wildlife Trusts. The company was formed in 2013 to provide face-to-face (F2F) membership recruitment services for the members of the company.
Wildlife Trust Members are vital as a key source of income and volunteers; and with over 150,000 members in our area of operation, they provide a powerful mandate for the Trusts to undertake their conservation work and to have significant local influence. Membership often provides the only stable, predictable source of income to the Trusts.
WFC seeks to deliver value to our Member Trusts by supplying face-to-face (venue based) member recruitment services. Teams of Recruiters, led by a Team Leader work at pre-arranged venues such as supermarkets, local events and county shows across 12 counties; Essex, Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire, Warwickshire, Birmingham, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire.
This method uses a static display or activities to assist the recruiters in engaging with the public to gain memberships. Recruiters work alone in the majority of venues/events and possess a focussed, passionate and mature outlook and attitude.
Responsibilities of Field Operations Manager:
On a day to day basis this will involve;
- Analysing performance KPIs across the business (employees and venues/events)
- Communicating with Team Leaders to discuss team performance and agree actions
- Supporting and coaching Team Leaders & Recruiters
- The recruitment and training of Recruiters
- Performance management of Team Leaders and Recruiters
- Contributing to the annual budget planning and subsequent monitoring
- Acting as Client Manager for the member Wildlife Trusts, communicating and meeting on a regular basis.
- Ensuring HR services and policies are suitable, communicated and implemented appropriately.
- Monitoring and adherence to the relevant legal, regulatory, and good practice requirements.
Requirements of Field Operations Manager:
- You must have excellent proven management skills in a face to face fundraising or Sales environment as well as possessing strong leadership skills.
- You must have hands on experience of face to face fundraising or sales and a proven track record for good personal results
- Highly numerate with attention to detail and accuracy in written and financial reporting and KPIs
- Good IT skills – in particular MS Office – and working knowledge of databases is essential. If you have experience of using the Salesforce database this would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience of representing an organisation at a high level and managing stakeholders at all levels would be desirable
Benefits of Field Operations Manager:
- OTE £35 – 40k
- Basic rate of pay £25 – 30k + additional commission
- Performance based commission
- 25 day holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Travel/business expenses
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Proactive and self-motivating
- An interest in wildlife and conservation
- A commitment to the charity sector
- Valid Driving Licence
To be successful in the role you will:
- Meet or exceed annual membership recruitment and value targets
- Comply with all the relevant organisational policies and procedures and fundraising standards
- Show evidence of growing our own talent at management level – clear progression and succession planning
If you feel that this job is for you, then please apply with your CV and cover letter attached.
Please note that by applying for this job you may be subject to a DBS check.
*The deadline for applications is December 2018.
*Interviews will take place early January 2019.