Charity Fundraiser – immediate start – various locations
Own car and driving licence essential
We are looking for experienced and passionate sales people to join our team of Charity Fundraisers, with the confidence and motivation to inspire people to support The Wildlife Trusts. This role is part time and includes flexibility of working days, uncapped commission and full training & materials provided.
The Wildlife Trusts protects wildlife and wild places in the local area, and inspires people about nature and its benefit to our lives. The majority of our funding comes through membership donations via regular giving (monthly direct debits) which is why this role is so vital in order to support our activities.
The Charity Fundraiser role is a part time role, working 3 or 4 days a week. You must be eligible to work in the UK and hold a valid driving licence. We work across the weekend as this is the busiest time for the majority of venues, you must be available and willing to work Saturdays and Sundays.
- Full charity-branded uniform and ID badge provided as well as fundraising equipment and materials
- Pension Scheme
- Travel contribution based on mileage (25p per mile)
- Holiday pay
- 20 day holiday entitlement
- Zero hours contract (during the global pandemic)
What you receive:
- 6 hours per day with core hours of working 10am – 4pm
- A guaranteed basic wage starting at £9.50 per hour
- Uncapped monthly commission
- High quality induction training programme approved by IoF (Institute of Fundraising)
- The opportunity to build a career in a well-established company that cares for its staff and the environment they work in.
How it works
- Candidates are screened over the phone & booked into a face to face interview with your local Team Leader.
- All new starters receive 1 day of paid induction training at our central HQ and a further 2 days of paid on-site training at venues. Our comprehensive training includes charity specific training, objection handling and a thorough introduction to our company culture and ethics.
- Immediate starts available with fortnightly induction training sessions at our office near Bicester, Oxfordshire.
- Working in venues across the local area such as; shopping centres, garden centres, markets, Wildlife Trust nature reserves and a variety of local shows/events.
- On arrival at a venue you will set up your display table and board and engage with as many members of the public as possible using a soft sell approach.
The role is office based on a nature reserve, near Bicester (however due to the current pandemic this role will be home based until the office re-opens)
Part-time 22.5 hours per week (0.6 FTE) Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, with flexibility
Contract, Initial six-month post, but may lead to a permanent appointment
£12,000 (£20,00 pro-rata) + bonus ranging from £1750 – £5050PA
The role includes being “on-call” one weekend a month, from home to deal with emergencies between 9am-12pm
- Identify, book and allocate quality venues/events for a team of fundraisers within designated geographical areas.
- Maintain the database daily to ensure all details contained within are accurate.
- Create and manage relationships with venues.
- Assess the quality of venues for future use based on feedback and venue results.
- Respond to any venue issues on the day and provide backup venues asap, if required.
- Create monthly schedules within required timescales.
- Liaise with the Institute of Fundraising as required.
- You will have excellent attention to detail to ensure all information relating to bookings is maintained and accurate on the cloud-based Salesforce CRM system.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills – you will have significant experience working with MS Office packages and databases.
- People skills – you are tactful, diplomatic and have good negotiation skills.
- Experience of event/venue booking would be desirable.
- Flexibility to work within a fast-changing environment and the ability to be able to react quickly and calmly.
- Wildlife Fundraising (Central) Limited (WFC) is a not-for-profit company, wholly owned by a partnership of 7 Wildlife Trusts.
- WFC seeks to deliver value to our Member Trusts by supplying face-to-face membership recruitment services. Membership often provides the only stable, predictable source of income to the Trusts.
- Our fundraisers work at pre-arranged venues and events across these counties, Essex, Hertfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Warwickshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire.
- The Wildlife Trusts as a movement look after 2,300 nature reserves and save species at risk by running targeted conservation programmes to help save water voles, red squirrels, barn owls, hedgehogs and other wildlife and habitats.
To apply for the Venue Coordinator position please send your CV and a covering letter detailing your experience.
Interviews are planned to take place W/C 21st June 2021.
Phone: 0333 3207 273